|::. SEASON INFORMATION 2014-2015
As a reminder, boys soccer is a competitive sport and, as such, tryouts are required. The decision on who makes the team and who does not is entirely at
the discretion of the Coaching Staff.
At the start of each season, the Coach will post the official
try-out schedule including dates and field location on the Website Calendar.
Marina Holiday Classic Tournament||
For 28 consecutive years, Marina Boys Soccer has hosted the Annual “Holiday Classic"
Boys Soccer Tournament. This year will be no exception. As a club, we have a reputation for
hosting a competitive, professionally organized high school tournament event. ALL FUNDS
raised from the tournament help pay coaches, subsidize player contributions and fund year-round boys soccer activities.
The Tournament is comprised of three brackets: Varsity, Junior
Varsity and Fresh/Soph.
|Booster Club Volunteering
The Marina Boys Soccer Booster Club is an All-Volunteer Organization. There are up to
nine (9) director positions, although anyone who would like to volunteer and participate in the
general board meetings is welcome to attend. Four (4) of the director positions are named
positions - President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. The Tournament is run
entirely by the Booster Board and Volunteers. Each player's parents/family is expected
to volunteer for two x three hour increments at the Tournament. Sign-up sheets will be
available at the Player/Parent Meeting in October
• MANDATORY GENERAL MEETING for ALL PLAYERS/PARENTS is in October. Date, Time and Location will be posted on the Website Calendar.
• All players are expected to pay an Annual Commitment Fee of $450. The MHS Boys Soccer Program
is funded exclusively by player fees and booster board activities, and will not remain competitive without a
contribution from all players/families. Checks are payable to Marina Boys Soccer Boosters.
• A Transportation Fee of $50 and Trainer Fee of $20 is required by and payable directly to
the Marina High School at the financial office window.
|Physicals and Athletic Clearance
All players must have physicals and Clearance Forms completed to play.
Marina High School 2014 – 2015
Marina High School Athletic Clearance Process
• The COACH sets up a clearance date with the Athletic Training Room (each sport has it’s own clearance date and is determined by season)
• The STUDENT brings the physical and 2 completed clearance cards (1/2 sheet) with them the day of clearance
• The COACH brings the team to the athletic training room on the pre-determined day of clearance and each student clears
individually with the Athletic Training Staff
• The ATHLETIC TRAINER clears the student’s physical and insurance then returns 1 co-curricular clearance card to athlete
immediately. Trainer keeps 1 co-curricular clearance card and the physical.
• The STUDENT brings the co-curricular clearance card to the financial office window and pays
for ASB (unless previously purchased), transportation contributions and trainer contributions. The bookkeeper will stamp “M” on the
copy and give it to the student.
• The STUDENT returns the stamped copy of the co-curricular clearance card to the head coach who retains the card throughout the season.
DO NOT SEND ATHLETES to the Athletic Training Room to clear unless it is your sport’s clearance date.
If you are unsure of your clearance date please ask your coach.
The clearance process is on-going.
New co-curricular clearance cards are needed for each sport
(Color coded by season – BLUE/fall GREEN/winter YELLOW/spring)
If you attended the physicals night in May, the athletic trainer already has your physical on file.
|Practice, Teams, and Pictures
Start of Practice: Practice starting date will be posted on the Website Calendar.
Teams: Final Team Rosters will be posted on the Website no later than the second week of October.
Team Pictures: Team pictures will be on the soccer field on a date to be announced.
Calling all Photographers: Please send your favorite pictures via e-mail to
email@example.com for the end of the season banquet slide show.
Senior Parents: Please start looking through your old photo albums. We will need at least
5 -7 of your favorite soccer pictures of your senior player for the end of the season slide
show. Please scan your pictures and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org