|::. SEASON INFORMATION 2014-2015
As a reminder, boys soccer is a competitive sport and, as such, tryouts are required. The decision on who makes the team and who does not is entirely at
the discretion of the Coaching Staff.
At the start of each season, the Coach will post the official
try-out schedule including dates and field location on the Website Calendar.
Marina Holiday Classic Tournament||
For 29 consecutive years, Marina Boys Soccer has hosted the Annual “Holiday Classic"
Boys Soccer Tournament. This year will be no exception. As a club, we have a reputation for
hosting a competitive, professionally organized high school tournament event. ALL FUNDS
raised from the tournament help pay coaches, subsidize player contributions and fund year-round boys soccer activities.
The Tournament is comprised of three brackets: Varsity, Junior
Varsity and Fresh/Soph.
|Booster Club Volunteering
The Marina Boys Soccer Booster Club is an All-Volunteer Organization. There are up to
nine (9) director positions, although anyone who would like to volunteer and participate in the
general board meetings is welcome to attend. Four (4) of the director positions are named
positions - President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.
• MANDATORY GENERAL MEETING for ALL PLAYERS/PARENTS is in October. Date, Time and Location will be posted on the Website Calendar.
• All players are expected to pay a Player Contribution Fee of $350.00. The MHS Boys Soccer Program
is funded exclusively by player fees and booster board activities, and will not remain competitive without a
contribution from all players/families. Checks are payable to Marina Boys Soccer Boosters.
• A Transportation Fee of $50 and Trainer Fee of $20 is required by and payable directly to
the Marina High School at the financial office window on the team’s assigned clearance day.
|Physicals and Athletic Clearance
2015-2016 Soccer Players:
Your team’s athletic clearance date is approaching. YOU MUST BE CLEARED BY THE TRAINER IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
In order to be prepared, please make sure you have (or completed) the following items:
• A physical Most of you completed this in the spring and your form is on file. If you have not had your physical, you can download the form
from the MarinaBoysSoccer.com website (Click on the “Forms” link, the on “MHS Physical Form”). Complete the front of this form and take it to a physician
when you have your physical. It must be signed and stamped. This can typically be done for $25.00 - $30.00.
• ImPACT testing All teams should be completed, however, MAKE UP IMPACT will be Wednesday 10/7 @ 2:45pm -- please be sure you do this if
you missed your scheduled date!
• Online clearance form completed on athleticclearance.com Instructions are below.
This part is CRUCIAL. It must be completed at home with your parents and MUST be done prior to your team clearance date. Proof of completion is at
the end where you are asked to print and sign a consent form and bring with you.
• Transportation fee of $50.00 and trainer fee of $20.00 This is required by the school of all athletes, band members, and dance/cheer teams.
Checks can made out to Marina High School.
• ASB card $55.00—also required by the school.
Marina High School
Online Athletic Registration and Clearance
All athletes must submit their emergency information and sign the clearance forms online for each sport/activity they participate in. We no longer have hard copy clearance forms.
Go to www.athleticclearance.com and fully complete the online registration. (Remember your login and password for future clearances…you will do this for every sport/activity
your child participates in while they are a student at Marina)
1. Choose school year 2015/16
2. Choose Marina (CIF/SS)
3. Choose the sport/activity your child will currently participate in (this process will be redone every time they change sports)
4. Fill out all information
5. Read all forms - online signatures on all forms are required by parent/guardian and athlete
6. When you are done you will get a message that you have successfully completed the registration. Read the consent page, print and sign.
Your son/daughter will need to bring the signed hard copy of this consent form to the ASB office when they come to take care of any financial
contributions for ASB, transportation and athletics/ trainer. This same message will also be sent to your email as a reminder.
7. The clearance process also includes having a physical on file (may be turned into the athletic trainer at any time) and completing the
ImPACT concussion testing. Once your athlete is fully cleared to participate in their sport/activity you will get a confirmation email and
both the coach and athletic trainer will get a copy of the emergency card.
Insurance requirement is a minimum coverage of $1500.00 per Ed Code#32220-24
If you do not have health insurance you can purchase school insurance by going to the following site:
Once you have purchased the insurance print the confirmation page and bring it with the signed consent form to the ASB office during your sport/activity clearance.
(check with your coach for date/time)
**If your child participates in more than one sport/activity they will need to do steps 1-6 for each sport/activity. The information entered will be kept
in the system but will need to be updated by you if there are any changes. If there are no changes the process will be easy. The only requirements will be
the online signatures and the hard copy consent form for your child to participate in a sport/activity here at Marina**
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|Practice, Teams, and Pictures
Teams: Team rosters will be posted on the website after they have been determined by the head coach.
Team Pictures: Team pictures will be on the soccer field on a date to be announced.
Calling all Photographers: Please send your favorite pictures via e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org for the end of the season banquet slide show.
Senior Parents: Please start looking through your old photo albums. We will need at least
5 -7 of your favorite soccer pictures of your senior player for the end of the season slide
show. Please scan your pictures and e-mail to email@example.com